Board Meeting Notes 2016-09-20

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Revision as of 11:28, 4 October 2016 by Esp (talk | contribs) (Small Metals Area Host position)
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-09-06 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-10-04 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Jennie
    • Michael
    • Lyn
    • Simon
    • Brian
  • Other Members
    • Ron O
    • Andrew C
    • Daniel

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • Review Tool Area Host plans
    • Area Volunteer review
    • Small Metals Area Host position
    • CNC volunteer authorizer selection
    • Split member meeting and open house into 2 groups
    • login for gmail master account
  • Old business

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

  • Previous meetings approved unanimously

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

Space Committee

  • Electrical materials, pallet racks have been delivered
  • Check for the racking still needs to go out
  • RT tickets need to get created for checks that were written
    • Expense reporting is happening in a spreadsheet shared with Brian, which all get put into a consolidated RT ticket
    • Reimbursements are in a separate RT ticket
  • Schedule?
    • Nothing concrete, working off of the airtable
  • Space expansion is done with its work on lounge - it needs to be organized, but is ready to be turned over to the area host
  • Electrical is pretty much done, just needs some more runs

Bylaw Committee

  • Future requests for committee reports should go to Will
  • Considering working dispute resolution into bylaws
    • Close to finalizing that component, once that is complete will be ready to send to lawyers for review

Mail

  • Mostly junk, some power racing series stuff for Patrick

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $27,609.78
  • Chase Savings: $113,661.10
  • PEX: $7,747.00
  • PayPal: $6,867.97

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 291
  • Full Members: 124
  • Total Members: 415
  • Quorum: 42

Review the PayPal and banking transactions

  • Space expansion purchases via check
  • Bought the larger laser - it should be about eight weeks until it appears

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • No longer live in Chicago, PS1 is cool
  • Going to come back, at burning man for a month
  • Started new master's program, some of the culture is intimidating, expansion makes it harder to get started, want to learn bike stuff, but didn't think PS1 was for learning as much as doing.
  • Money issues and winter is coming, would like visit-based payment system instead of subscription
  • Moved to Milwaukee
  • Need more time and money, will be back in a few months hopefully. Lack of clean space to work is an issue.

RT

New Business

Review Tool Area Host plans

  • Ideas/options:
    • Vending machine
    • Add two volunteer positions to keep tools in their place, take care of tidy space, and implement organizational system
      • Who would they be under? General area host, board, or shared under hot metals, wood, cold metals, etc.
    • Let area hosts be in charge of their own tools
    • Tool committee to be in charge of tools
    • Wait until the move-in is done
    • Vote to eliminate tool cage position passes unanimously
    • Next step: review tool proposals for next meeting

Area Volunteer review

  • CNC:
    • Matt M. is unanimously selected as authorizer
    • Board will revisit applications before next meeting to choose a second authorizer
  • Wood:
    • Ken & Andy L. are selected as authorizers
  • Hot Metals
    • Voted unanimously to create a second authorizers position
    • Jeremy & Daron are selected as authorizers

Small Metals Area Host position

  • We created a Small Metals Area, this needs a host
  • Vote to make Aushra area host does not pass -
  • Vote to make Aushra interim area host (with full membership value) and call for applications to be reviewed in two meetings time
  • Vote passes unanimously
  • Justin will talk to Aushra
  • Ray (and Jennie) will advertise the position

login for gmail master account

  • Who are the admins of the Google for Business account?
    • Possibly president@ and CTO@?

Split member meeting and open house into 2 groups

  • Is this an issue for the board or just for the membership to discuss?
  • Didn't get to this tonight

Old Business

Votes