Frequently Asked Questions
Last Edited: 09/2/2013 Hi! I found you online, how can I learn more about your organization?
- The best way is to come to one of our N00bs' Paradise Orientations on the fourth Sunday of each month at 4pm. This is a great way to get a good feeling for what we have to offer, our culture, and how you can quickly get involved. The orientation is typically led by several experienced members and at least one former organization president.
Do I have to RSVP or join as a member to attend N00b's Paradise?
- No! N00bs' Paradise is always open to the public. Anyone can show up and participate.
I love Pumping Station: One! How do I join?
You have a <awesome tool>? That's awesome! How can I use it?
- Our more dangerous, fragile, or expensive tools generally require certification to use, and certification requires that you become a member. The certification process differs from tool to tool, there may be more information about it on its wiki page.
So I showed up and possibly joined, but I can't figure out how this place works. What's the deal?
- Attend N00bs' Paradise. All your questions will be answered.
- For a little self-reading - Pumping Station: One is a Do-ocracy. Read that link, it's important. I'll wait. Back? Basically, as long as you Just Fucking Do It and Be excellent to each other you'll be ok. Also, look at our new member information packet.
Can my nerdy meetup meet at Pumping Station: One?
- For your meetup to meet at our space, you need a member to sponsor the meetup (i.e. attend the whole time you're there and be responsible for you) and if it's going to take a lot of space or a long time or otherwise inhibit the normal use of the space, talk about it on the public mailing list to generate some more member interest and talk to the board of directors to get it on the calendar. Your meetup also should have something to do with making/hacking physical things.
Can children come to the space?
- People under the age of 18 can come to the space, provided they are accompanied by their legal guardian at all times.
Do you offer coworking space?
- While we would like to, due to space constraints we are unable to provide dedicated desks for coworking. However, full members (not starving hacker members) are provided lockers to store their projects in and we have some limited space for long term projects.