Board Meeting Notes 2019-09-17
|Board Meeting Minutes|
|<< Board Meeting Notes 2019-09-03||2019 Board Meetings||Board Meeting Notes 2019-10-01 >>|
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Minutes
- 4 Votes
- Board Members
- Alex B
- Ese O
- Andrew C
- Kathryn B
- Sky N
- Other Members
- Consent Agenda
- next steps to return a tool to donation source
- Committee Reports
- Read mail
- Financial/membership report
- Review the PayPal and banking transactions
- Member leaving reason reports
- Check RT queue
- New business
- Old business
Discussion on previous minutes
- Discussion about asset removal vs contacting donation source. Will double check with area host.
- AC: Vote re Member Dues for Directors and Officers - (Non-board) Member-based discussion, then vote -- vote passed.
- AC: Vote update for Pet Policy -- vote or discussion deferred to later in the meeting.
- Waste Management - we are getting fined again for overflow ($90 each month). Option to get a larger Dumpster, but less pickup days. Reason: because we fill it up almost exclusively on the weekend. We have 5 pickups now, we'll go down to 4. Dumpster is 2 yards from 1.5. Agreed - no board vote needed for this.
- A/C; Ventilation - As per Google Groups, repair person is coming in. $95 diagnostic fee; waived in repair cost. Seasonal maintenance being considered. General operations team can handle stuff like this (plus heaters) working. No board vote needed for approval. Spray booth - funding for the remainder of the construction - approx $600-700. Board approval to fund. We are reconciling what was spent; funding is there; voting in a safety net ($600) and funding has to be carried over to this year.
- Safety and Operations Team -- discussion. Vote passed to establish a Safety and Operations Team. Next steps: connect and convene team.
- Election Announcement - MA: November 5 date was announced. Drum up excitement. By October 5, board members will let the Board know if they're running or not. If we have 3+ spots open, KB suggests "turbo mode" of "leadership encouragement event". Make appeal to larger than Google Groups. Discussed ways to get the word out about nominating people. Make a form- electronic and paper.
- Schedule Off-site Board Meeting: instant Slack poll
- All votes were unanimous.
- All area hosts and proxy area hosts receive free membership
- PR: Washington Public Library - they would like to talk to Ese, share ideas about makerspaces.
- PR: Open House Chicago - internal people need to do pre-tour
Reports from Committees
MMT: Max said we have 2 scholarships active. New round is open. Person 1 with event (workshop element with budget need or donations); option of electronic donations directly to workshop host. How to "front" $60; reference bylaws, otherwise an area host or a vote can fund it. We recommend checking with the area host.
Window for scholarships closes next week-ish.
New Orientation starting in October.
Open House Chicago Plan: Band playing here, 2 people. MMT can help organize cleaning days. Open House Chicago on Calendar.
- Chase Checking: 14,049.17
- Chase Savings: 169,013.56
- PEX: 19,457.52
- PayPal: 11,861.92
- Number of Members:
Review the PayPal and banking transactions
Member Leaving Reason Reports
- Review ordering process for purchasing tools from vote fund - (topic owner = Kathryn)
- Present draft of "Board Guide" - (topic owner = Kathryn) - shelved for another time.
- Tormach education path update - (topic owner = Kathryn)- 2 new people are authorized!! 2 more on the way!
- Status of IT Upgrade vote proposal - re-working vote in lieu of new information. Sky will put the vote forward. Worth paying the Comcast fee- that's the vote question.
- Scholarship - Bringing in outside people for scholarships.