Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-07

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Revision as of 12:58, 29 March 2014 by Wikibot (talk | contribs) (Robot: Automated text replacement (-(\w+) MM-DD-YYYY=(\d{2})-(\d{2})-(\d{4}) +\1 YYYY-MM-DD=\4-\2-\3))
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2013-04-30 2013 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2013-05-14 >>

Meeting start: 7:08

Attendance

Board Members

  • Josh
  • Hailey
  • Farkas
  • Adam
  • Ed
  • Eric
  • Jesse

Other Members

  • shawn
  • james longfield
  • jim burke
  • avner

Agenda

  • read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the paypal and banking transactions.
  • Check the money@pumpingstationone.org inbox weekly.
  • Review Trello board, report progress made.
  • new business
  • old business
  • The area host meeting is happening at 9PM. All board members are welcome to attend if they wish.

New Business

  • Board vote to pay to put a handicapped handrail in one of the bathrooms (safety equipment). Up to $50.
  • Reimbursing Jarrod Wolf 79.99 for a Konica black cartridge for the printer. He has not yet supplied a receipt as of 5/4/2013.
  • Rent not paid this month? Was this addressed?
  • Reimbursing Eric Stein $81.86 for mopping supplies from Home Depot.
  • Party supplies receipts? Bry bought a lot of things out of pocket. Receipts for that and Eric's purchases at HD are in the safe.
  • Do we want a bunch of non-functioning stuff from ThinkGeek that Anne apparently requested when she was president?

Old Business

  • Audit status/ Status of repayments / New historical books (Indiana Steve)
  • Get all of the tax returns from School Factory (Steve)
  • Electrician to fix not-up-to-code issues. How much can we spend on this? It's (in Eric's opinion) a pre-requisite to doing shop improvements including putting up walls for specific areas. Eric can negotiate with the electrician, bring quote back to the board.
    • Board generally approves this. Eric will come back with proper quote (Eric). He's working on the TODO list at 3519 Electrical Work.

Backburner

  • Status of money owed by the old landlord. (Tim). We are having our lawyers work on the bylaws first.
  • move the annual meeting to december in the bylaws.
  • Go over the "Things the next board should deal with" list from the meeting of the 15th, it has a lot of stuff we have to be aware of.

Minutes

  • read mail
  • steve went over financial report
  • rent problem - when we had changeover to allow hailey and bry on account, the banker shut down steve's ability to send ACH's
  • went over trello board
    • waiver - no progress
    • josh in talks for free new server
    • no credit report
    • no complaints for complaints emai
    • amazon payments- james carlson proper credentials to allow us to use amazon payments
    • Sacha is still having trouble contacting person who has our meetup group
    • Jesse has gotten Kathy Whistler to help her crafting the safe space proposal
    • pitchfork fees from last year- steve still working on it with school factory
    • board voted unanimously to reimburse john and james for changing doorknobs in interior space
    • liability insurance- eric will talk to lawyer and go over our liability insurance vs bylaws and see if we're covered
    • pagely billing- fixed
  • board votes unanimously to buy and install one handicap bathroom rail
  • board votes unanimously to purchase several packages of paper and three toners for the minolta printer
  • board votes unanimously to purchase 150 learn to solder badges for $300
  • board votes unanimously to reimburse Eric $81.86 for mopping supplies
  • eric and bry fight about how she stored cash from party and receipts, bry and steve will deal with it later
  • audit status- no progress
  • tax returns will be made available on may 9th and then will be shared with board
  • eric is working on electrician's list
  • money owed by old landlord- tim has files for eric to help make case for suing
  • moving annual meeting
    • best idea would be to hold elections in november and have the new board members start their terms on January 1st
      • the secretary of state paperwork we have to file, needs to know the acting boards members as of Jan 1st, this is why this is always a problem for us, because we have to go change it later
      • this would solve this problem


  • Membership Report -
    • Full Members: 72
    • Starving Hacker: 138
    • Friends of PS1: 2
    • Total: 212

Meeting end: 7:54