Board Meeting Notes 2016-06-21

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-06-07 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-07-05 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Lyn
    • Brian
    • Michael
    • Simon
  • Other Members
    • Ken

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • Woodshop Area Host
    • RT #4822 Arturo inquiring about outside vendors.
    • Members receiving mail at the space. Should we take any action?
    • Business cards
  • Old business

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

Consent Agenda

  • Previous minutes approved unanimously

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

  • Safety committee
    • Waiting to occupy space to meet
  • Space Planning Committee
    • Has not met in past two weeks
    • Unclear if they will need a vote for funds above the $5,000 already allocated
      • Money is allocated for Board to spend
    • A vote has been drafted
  • Bylaws Committee
    • Committee has been combining bylaws with MWE bylaws (law firm version)
    • Will send board work in progress for our next meeting (July 5th)
      • Challenging sections may not be ready by then

Mail

  • No mail of note

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $67,452.20
  • Chase Savings: $73,652.05
  • PEX: $11,460.79
  • PayPal: $10,215.33
  • Donation boxes:
    • CNC: $57.06
    • Cold metals: $6.25
    • Electronics: $25
    • Hot Metals: $5

Financial Transactions

  • Check to Alison Stanton for $400 for Ally Skills Workshop
  • Gas, cleaning, comcast payments sent
  • We double reimbursed Eric Beauchamp due to RT wackiness. Still need to get that returned.
  • Still behind on receipts from some area hosts
    • Ron is excellent at submitting receipts, Shae is all caught up too
  • No invoice yet for AC repair

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 288
  • Full Members: 114
  • Total Members: 403
  • Quorum: 38

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • Some accidental leaving
  • Had trouble getting here
  • Didn't come enough, schedule too busy
  • Moved to Colorado, now a friend of PS1
  • Canceled cards, will be back soon
  • Did not use the space enough

RT

  • 4826 Chase fees in triplicate:
    • Chase says, because we have two signers, there are two monthly fees
    • Can we remove ACH from one signer?
      • Simon to remove ACH from Secretary account; all ACH payments go through president account
    • Can delegate from one account, but there are limitations
    • Brian talked to some other banks, will continue to research other banks


  • 4821
    • Request for member point for Priscilla for sewing classes
    • She's canceled her membership, moving back to FL
    • Passes unanimously
    • Michael will award point to Priscilla and ask Dean to contact Priscilla
  • 4813 Request for Gerald and Shelly points
    • Member point for Gerald for buccaneer's galley
    • Approved unanimously
    • Michael will award Gerald member point 4813

New Business

  • Cleaning Company
    • We have a quote that includes the new space, estimate of $180 / week for cleaning (includes $20 discount)
    • Brian will put together a vote for cleaning service
    • Use [[1]] as template
  • Woodshop Area Host
    • Applications were open for a short period due to the timing of board
    • Congratulations to Eric Beauchamp, new woodshop area host
  • Area Hosts Review
    • Justin having status conversations with current area hosts
      • Add to the agenda of these meetings (and area host agreement) to encourage area hosts to appoint tidy space people
    • Area Host review will start at next board meeting, July 5th
    • Volunteer authorizers will happen after review is complete
  • RT #4822 Arturo inquiring about outside vendors.
    • Not a matter for the board, should be voted on by members
  • Members receiving mail at the space. Should we take any action?
    • Not an issue for the board, if it will be an official policy, it should be a vote
  • Michael will handle lighting situation if the vote passes
  • For next time:
    • Animals, Events, Alcohol Policy review
    • At some point: mid-year check-in and goals for the rest of the year

Old Business

  • Insurance for new space
    • Insurance company has agreed to expand coverage, retroactive to June 1, they still need to send us an invoice
  • Business cards
    • What's the status?

Todos

  • Justin to give Brian a check
  • Simon to remove ACH from Secretary account; all ACH payments go through president account
  • Brian will put together a vote for cleaning service
  • Michael will award points to Gerald & Priscilla and ask Dean to contact Priscilla

Votes

  • Award Priscilla and Gerald one member point each
    • Passed unanimously