Board Meeting Notes 2016-11-01

From Pumping Station: One Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search


Board Meeting Minutes
<< Board Meeting Notes 2016-10-18 2016 Board Meetings Board Meeting Notes 2016-11-15 >>

Meeting Start:

Attendance

  • Board Members
    • Justin
    • Lyn
    • Jennie
    • Ray
    • Simon
    • Brian
    • Michael
  • Other Members
    • Erik W.

Agenda

  • Check talk page for board meeting notes, see if any discussion on the agenda took place
  • Consent Agenda
  • Committee Reports
  • Read mail
  • Financial/membership report
  • Review the PayPal and banking transactions
  • Member leaving reason reports
  • Check RT queue
  • New business
    • CNC / buildout budget
    • Board planning 2017
    • 2017 budget
    • Board goals for Q4
  • Old business

Minutes

Discussion on previous minutes

  • NA

Consent Agenda

  • Minutes approved by verbal assent

Committee Reports

Reports from Committees

  • Justin to followup with lawyers re:bylaws

Mail

  • People's Gas, Quickbooks, City of Chicago

Financial Report

  • Chase Checking: $18,759.40
  • Chase Savings: $105,668.59
  • PEX: $15,231.86
  • PayPal: $12,374.98

Membership Report

  • Starving Hackers: 293
  • Full Members: 129
  • Total Members: 422
  • Quorum: 43

Review the PayPal and banking transactions

Member Leaving Reason Reports

  • Credit card issue - got resolved
  • Not enough time, hasn't been here
  • Too busy
  • Lives too far away, heading towards SSH

RT

New Business

  • Doorcode change
    • Old codes will expire January 1
    • New codes will go out December 1
    • Let people know that door codes will be changing this month
    • Simon to let people know that door codes will be changing
    • Ray to put a lock on the filing cabinet and share access
  • CNC / buildout budget
    • Requested to put spending on hold until we have a full accounting of funds
    • To write a vote, we need to know what has been spent and what funds are needed
    • Jennie will create a rough draft of CNC budget extension vote
    • Area hosts ought to have a sense of their own running total of expenses
      • Encourage area hosts to commit to keeping track of expenses
    • If buildout budget is spent, future spending should be individual votes
  • Vote to name Aushra as official small metals area host passes
  • Board planning 2017
    • Invite members to future meetings, especially if they are interested in being on the board
  • 2017 budget
    • Will itemize more items for general administrative costs
    • Will run separate votes for each area budget
  • Board goals
    • Goal to have new members agree to our policies on waiver and website
    • Working on implementing non-voting members concept (that is in bylaws)

Old Business

Votes