Difference between revisions of "Vinyl Cutter"
|(2 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
|contact=CNC Area Host
|contact=CNC Area Host
|Line 271:||Line 271:|
Latest revision as of 21:10, 1 December 2019
|Contact||CNC Area Host|
|Host Area||2D Printing|
2018-11-03: Perfect working condition. Cut 60 square feet today.
Viral. Any authorized user can train and authorize another. Record authorizations on this wiki page, below. At the moment there are no regularly scheduled authorization sessions. Contact/ask an authorized user or the area host.
Tips on how to use (After Authorized)
The user guide is here 
See a Useful Video
- Raise the lever on the upper back right of the machine
- Slide in the media. It helps to have a rectangular piece so the machine can recognize the size. Center it over some of the grooved rollers so they are as close to the edges as possible.
- Slide the pinch rollers from behind over the grooved roller you chose.
- Lower roller with the lever.
- Read the display and push the arrow button for the type of media you are loading. For a single sheet (not a roll), for example you would press the right arrow (see screen shot below)
The Software used is CoCut Standard 2015. We no longer use the software that came with the cutter.
The software does import svg or ai files. One thing to be careful with svg is to set your document settings to 96 DPI. This way exporting from your editing software then importing to CoCut Pro will maintain actual physical size.
- Make sure to check any files you download from the internet for hidden artifacts
- Make sure all your borders/strokes are set to 0px or you will get 3 cuts for the border (inner stroke, outer stroke and object edge)
When your graphic is ready to cut, click the File -> Output menu. This will bring up the "Output to device" window.
Things you need to set on this window:
- Make sure "Settings via comm" is turned on via machine settings.TODO: Need to lookup the actual setting name.
- Pressure: Good starting point is 30g or 1oz
- Speed: Good starting point is 10cm/s or 4in/s
- Material Width: Click "Read Material" button. See Loading Media
- Material Length: Click "Read Material" button. See Loading Media
- Overcut: Good starting point is 0.25mm or 0.01in
Do Preview your cut because depending on your setting the cut layout is not necessary exactly what you laid out in the svg file. Note also that in the preview you can rearrange the layout, including duplicating, rotating, or removing cuts.
The output settings for speed and pressure can be set on the machine itself.
- Turn off "Settings via comm" TODO: Need to lookup the actual setting name.
- Take the cutter offline (hit on/off line button)
- Hit the speed or pressure button
- Use arrow keys to change value
- Hit enter
- Put the cutter online by hitting the on/off line button a second time
There are 3 types of blade for the cutter:
- Black Cap - Fine detail cutting - http://www.signtechnologies.net/catalogue/341/8/cutters-and-plotters/P-gcc-jaguar-ii-cutting-plotter
- Green Cap - Sandblasted/reflective materials - http://www.signtechnologies.net/catalogue/84/8/cutters-and-plotters/blades/P-gcc-blade-green-cap-for-sandblastreflective-material
- Red Cap - Standard Vinyl - http://www.signtechnologies.net/catalogue/83/8/cutters-and-plotters/blades/P-gcc-blade-red-cap-for-standard-vinyl
These blades will be arriving shortly.
New Materials can be purchased locally through Rayco near Peterson and Pulaski, the plotter size is 24 inches. Generally you are on your own for materials; if you use the materials that are near the cutter, it is fair game, and it would be cool if you put some money in the nearby gray donation box or ask the area host how to contribute. Area hosts use donations to buy more materials and parts for machines. Suggested donation $1/square foot?
- Economy/Intermediary stock is for the majority of projects and has an expected life of 3 years
- High performance stock is intended for cars and boats and has an expected life of 7 years.
- Transfer tape: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-APPLICATION-TRANSFER-Paper-TAPE-300-ft-roll-for-Vinyl-Cutter-PLOTTER-FRESH-/351496781486?hash=item51d6d73eae
- Elizabeth Koprucki
|Qualified Member||Trained By|
|Donald Jacobson||Donald Jacobson|
|Bart dring||Donald Jacobson|
|Ray Doeksen||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|David Fell||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Derek Bever||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Roger Moore||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Tom Forajter||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Arturo Duarte||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Tyler Natoli||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Sloan Lavery||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Tyler Hsu||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Casey Olson||Justin and Derek!|
|Jeff McBride||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Clarence Risher||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Will Garza||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Nick Halderman||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Aaron Mintz||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Matt Makris||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Matt Meshulam||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Mark Cabael||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Tom Judge||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Todd Allen||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Lucas Goossen||Tom Judge|
|Sonia Yaco||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Alex Trimm||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Davis Mazariegos||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Knute Martell||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Ryan Neuman||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Scott Drane||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|James Huber||Knute Martell|
|Doorman Dave||Elizabeth Koprucki|
|Mike Mandrea||Tom Judge|
|Erik Wessing||Justin Conroy|
|Michael Patton||Andrew Camardella|
|Burton Kent||Tom Judge|
|Niko Hawley||Tom Judge|
|Tom Boeman||Tom Judge|
|Will Alt||Tom Judge|
|Michael Slingerland||Andrew Camardella|
|Bob Loos||Andrew Camardella|
|McTavish McArdle||Andrew Camardella|
|Simon Pyle||Andrew Camardella|
|Zachery Small||Michael Patton|
|Amir Badri||Leo Rodman|
|Jackson Ammenheuser||Leo Rodman|
|Sky Nova||Leo Rodman|
|Mari Belmares||Andrew Camardella|
|James Villalpando||Andrew Camardella|
|Jeremy Shaw||Leo Rodman|
|Ashley Borg||Justin Conroy|
|Molly Adamski||Jeremy Shaw|
|Mariano Muñoz||Ashley Borg|
|Nathan Upchurch||Andrew Camardella|
|Deanna Williams||Brad Jimenez|